Tuesday 4 July 2017

Monday 3rd July – a great day out in town at Skinners Hall with the worshipful company of turners


They made me a freeman of the company.


Post ceremony photoshoot with the Master Andrew Neill.
















Left to right -

Joanna Varella, David Batchelor (Upper Warden), Andrew Neill (Master), Vanessa Swan (Cockpit Arts) Peter Ellis (past Master).




We walked to the Guildhall with the company clerk Alex Robertson to apply for the freedom of the city.




The ship and sword were on loan from the worshipful company of Cutlers.



It took me a few seconds to work out the significance of the stuffed sheep (bottom right) next to the declaration!






One of the waiting areas at the Guildhall had many interesting wall hangings and display cabinets.

I spotted this which reminded me of a joinery job I worked on (handrail to a spiral staircase) at the house of the present Nelson family in London. We were given one drink every day at 3.00pm served on a silver tray.

The inscription reads – the ensign of Horatio Viscount Nelson.










After the formalities we were given lunch back at Skinner's Hall. The food, the venue, the excellent company – it was a great occasion hopefully I will never forget.

I wish to thank the Master for making us so welcome and I look forward to a long and fruitful future serving the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment