Tuesday 12 September 2017


Belmont Wood Fair 9/10th September ME13 0HH



 





I was greeted on arrival with this from the Leonard chuck wagon.









Home made tea, cakes and even the cosy.
Real tea leaves in a pot poured through a strainer.
Thanks to Keith and Carol. 
The picture is not Keith its Carol.










Plenty of static engines demonstrating all sorts of old processes.



  





John Burbage making stool legs with Graham Aslett pretending to be busy making rakes.





 




Our Kent leader making another ladder from chestnut. He is beginning to make it look easy – always a dangerous sign.







I’ve been Swanned!

Jill paid me back for an incident at Wakehurst place earlier in the year when I just happened to accidentely on purpose leave a pile of Hobgoblin cans under her van.




Class act – Damien Goodburn showing us all how it was actually done using the correct tools, not a cheat in sight. 









  


So this new event is in its third year. I thought the visitor numbers were down on last year which is a little worrying but we are not giving up just yet. I managed to get a few leather based orders so I was happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment