Tuesday 31 January 2017



Bead and spoon carving Iden Green with the Kent group Saturday 28th January

Once again we were using the village hall – guaranteed warmth and shelter – armchair bodging really.  It was good to see everyone again since last season. I think most people were making beads; something I have never done. There was a selection of woods to try courtesy of Burbage and Aslet – Hazel, Elder, Spindle and Blackcurrant. I don’t think however anyone is going to get rich making beads, but it is a gentle and satisfying thing to do – excellent for beginners.

 






Frejya with her bead stick - I think she missed the bit about stringing them for bracelets etc.













The warmest spot of the day and a great height to work at – must make something to replace my heavy shave horse.







 




Bardster and Alpacca man (and others) were braving the outdoors (only when the sun was out however).

 









Harry was finishing a bowl – not an adze or travisher in sight, that’s not right.










Unfortunately John's donkey is not well and has serious feet problems. He has been very well looked after by John but he may  not get over his present condition. I have always had a soft spot for them.






Thanks to John Burbage who organised things and supplied tea and coffee. I look forward to the restart on the Monday sessions at White Chimney Wood. Especially as I am now able to go along (retired).





No comments:

Post a Comment