Monday 23 January 2017

Lincoln Cathedral – Heritage Skills Festival (23/4th June) meeting at Glaziers Hall







Although I live in East London and the city is not far away, you could never forget just how busy the Thames is and just how much the skyline changes.I can see Canary Wharf Tower (in the middle at the the back) from my house.










This 1746 map of London was one of the many interesting bits of our heritage on their walls – the river was filled with square riggers.












Could not resist this chair.   













It was only after I saw all the stained glass work did I realise the true significance of the glaziers craft.



.  

The meeting – For the first time ever the Livery Companies of London and Lincoln are coming together to celebrate and showcase the best in traditional crafts. Hopefully the APTGW will be represented at this event by Mike Ashton, me and perhaps a few others

No comments:

Post a Comment