Saturday 22 July 2017



The Anchor Faversham 20th July / Ferry Inn Stone






On the way to meet Jill Swan for lunch I called in for a starter – a Scotch egg.  This is no ordinary bought in rubbish. Home made with a ducks egg – sublime is no overstatement. Good local beer too!






Met Jill Swan at the Duck Inn Pets Bottom Road Canterbury. Good lunch, baked brie and smoked haddock. Good food, beer and of course very entertaining company – thanks Jill (sorry I forgot the batteries).







Later on at the CAMRA beer festival Merton’s farm.


I have been to a couple of CAMRA beer festivals and actually do not enjoy lots of different beers, I find one and then stick to it. This venue has character – enormous cattle shed (also smelt of cattle).
The food was so much better than I was expecting, such a pleasant surprise. Plenty of interesting company, I felt that I could have sat and talked to anyone – a really friendly chilled out group of drinkers.

Think I will go again next year!


21st July Little Singleton Oast, Great Chart, Ashford TN26 1JS
Called in to Ed Olivers Woodturning to buy some ebonising spray. What an interesting man; he had loads of interesting piles of wood.


Later on I found myself at the Ferry Inn at Stone

I took a wrong turn and drove past this gem of a pub to die for (you would have to put this on your bucket list).
 




An interesting piece of decoration. I had never seen Char-a-banc written before.













This over-window fascia I have not seen before. 














My starter were these Rye scallops, fat and juicy. The local cod and lard fried chips were also sensational.








It was a gorgeous sunny lunchtime, they have a garden next to the canal at the back. I think  you would have to book to get in for an evening meal.











This beautiful Morgan arrived just as I was leaving







 

Called in to the Merry Harriers Cowbeach to meet up with Mike Church for a pint or two of Harvey’s and food.









 


Dropped in on Phill en route to Burbage Towers. Whilst I was at Nancy’s recently I saw her home-made alpacca duvet so that inspired me to make my own to.
So a visit to a local alpacca dealer was on!





 




Phill and Bardster have been busy making beer mugs in leather. I was seriously impressed with these!
My next project maybe.











There is no stopping this man – a chestnut garden swing. Phill is very busy creating all manner of stuff for a forthcoming event.








I eventually made it to Burbage Towers, always a pleasure to see John, such a nice generous man – with all things.








No comments:

Post a Comment