Monday 10 June 2019


31-05-19 Off chance visit to Tillie and Hariot Sprigg





I was on my way to a show at Elvenden so decided to make an unannounced visit.


As usual Harriot gave me an updated workshop tour.

The saw was from a London company Short from Islington and the chisel had Harriot written all over the beautiful boxwood handle.







Hariot was in the process of making herself a block plane from scratch of course.










She had jointed the metal base with hand cut dovetails!













She was also in the process of attaching this clock makers lathe to a treadle.










To say that Hariott was the most amazing maker of everything is still an understatement.

One of the best weekends I have ever had at an event was when it was a washout and I had time to listen to her without interruption.

She is still going strong and also in the process of setting up her forge area to make more tools.

After I left she was going to take her mill into her forest and do some planking!







Congratulations to Tillie who gave birth a couple of weeks ago.





No comments:

Post a Comment