Sunday 8 December 2013

 Lorraine manages events at the Forty Hall Estate. The London Borough of Enfield is keen to encourage local educational events at this impressive Jacobean Estate that housed some of James 1st horses.
Now James I gave the Worshipful Company of Turners their Royal Charter on the 12th June 1604.
We are hoping to plan an event early next year with some of our local members. Check out their website.
I also bumped into the Walthamstow Knitters in the Bell Pub E17 4NE.  They are a group of about twelve who meet on the first and third Mondays of the month. My phone camera let me down, so no pictures.


JT Batchelors Friday 6th December




Well who could keep away on their day off!
Now here’s a thing, I ordered The Art of Hand sewing leather from Amazon for £16.45 thinking I might get it quicker than from Le Prevo £19 And saving a trip to Batchelors. Well I then found out that the depot from Amazon was in North America. Some weeks later (today) I got it.
Batchelors sell it for £8.26p!
There is a moral here – buy it here and buy it local. 



Abney Park Cemetery Saturday 7th December







Now there’s a great site – the greatest Volvo ever made and an invitation to Green Woodworking just inside the gates.





















Many groups use and add to resources enjoyed by everyone – this bench painting is typical.






No comments:

Post a Comment